A handmade area rug is not used only for floor covering even it is used for creating a comfortable atmosphere in a home. There are many benefits of using a handmade area rug in a room. It helps to protect your expensive floor, add an extra layer on the floor, provide a cozy touch to space, absorb sounds and purify the air quality. Handmade carpet is used to combine all accents together. A handmade area rug is woven using pure natural material like New Zealand wool, mountain wool, cotton material, pure mulberry silk which is really hard to find. It is very expensive and takes many months to weave. It is not possible to shop area rug every month because buying a rug means spending a lot of money. So, if you have an area rug already then find the below tips to maintain it for a long time and if you don’t have rug then follow the rug buying guide for the perfect carpet.
If you are going to shop a rug online then read the below tips carefully. So that you can get a perfect size carpet for your room.
- Before buying a rug, measure the spec size where you want to put your carpet.
- Never forget to leave 5- 18-inch space from the wall otherwise the corner of rug will fold.
- Never shop too small carpet for placing it in a living room.
- Don’t shop a large area rug for a small room.
- Shop for a medium size rug for a large room.
- Put the front leg of the rug on couch and rest of the part on the floor.
- Shop for smaller carpet if you have a small room otherwise, it will mix and match with all accents.
- According to my opinion, you should think about the layout of your room before buying a rug like where you want to put it either in centre of room or in the corner of your room?
Design is also an important part of a carpet. You cannot place a modern area rug in a traditional interior. If you do then it will look so bad.
- Never pick a dull and boring design carpet. There are many designs where you can select your favorite one.
- It is not compulsory to place only one rug in a room. Don’t bind yourself with limited colors and designs. You can place different color carpets in a single room.
- Take the all carpets in one style like if you have a traditional interior and you want to place more than one carpet in a room then the material and style of the carpet should belong to same scheme.
- Always pick a balanced color, it means to choose a color from the existing accessories like furniture or color from wall or from a curtain, etc. So, it can create a balance with the existing accessories.
Cleaning of carpet:
Cleaning is an important part of a handmade area rug. A clean area rug enhances the beauty of a space but a dirty carpet may the cause of different types of hazards.
- Never use a hard brush to clean a handmade area rug.
- Never use a chemical to remove the spots from carpet.
- Never use hot water for cleaning the carpet.
- Never put a silk area rug in a high traffic area because it is a very exclusive carpet and ideal for a low traffic area.
- Don’t put heavy furniture on the carpet.
- Rotate your furniture once within a week.
- Vacuum regularly.
- Don’t use a hard vacuum for a silk rug.
- Use a soft long hair brush for cleaning a carpet. Through the water in the direction of pile.
- Use a homemade solution for removing spots from carpet.
- Use doormat in the entryway.
- Place a wool carpet for the high traffic area.